Internship in the CEMR Citizenship Team
Are you interested in gender equality, inclusion and city-to-city cooperation? Do you wish to increase your understanding of how European local and regional governments and their representative associations contribute to the promotion and respect of human rights at local level? Would you like the opportunity to discover through first-hand experience how European membership organisations advocate at the EU level?
If so, we would love to hear from you! The CEMR Citizenship Team is currently looking for a motivated intern to join us for a 3-6 month period from January – June 2021.
Areas where the intern will assist the Citizenship Team:
- Organising webinars on gender equality, migrant integration and youth issues;
- Contribute to the analysis and presentation of a CEMR survey on gender balance in the top leadership of national associations of local and regional government;
- Monitoring legislative developments in the areas of equality, diversity and inclusion that are relevant to local and regional governments; including following meetings of the FEMM, LIBE and DROI Committees of the European Parliament;
- Writing articles for the CEMR website, Observatory of the European Charter for Equality and the IncluCities project;
- Supporting the Policy Adviser on Gender equality and Diversity in the development and implementation of a series of workshops on the European Charter for Equality of Women and Men in Local Life on the occasion of its 15th anniversary;
- Supporting the IncluCities project team
- Excellent English skills ; good level French skills an asset
- University student in the fields of: European affairs, Political Science, Communications, International Relations, etc.
- Collaborative spirit and team work
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Shared values of CEMR: city-to-city cooperation, local democracy and human rights
- Expertise in Excel an asset
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivation to Jaimie Just, Citizenship Team Coordinator by 22 January 2021.
For more information, please contact Claudia Avsar, Assistant – Policy and Research Team: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +32 2 500 05 37