Colloquium: Gender and local politics
Colloquium: Gender and local politics, 20 September 2018
Communal elections in Belgium are fast approaching. Amazone asbl and its Documentation Centre invite you to a colloquium on 20 September 2018 which will highlight municipal good practices in the area of gender equality. The European Charter for Equality of Women and Men in Local Life will serve as the theme for this day, which will bring politics and associations together.
– Presentation of the European Charter for Equality of Women and Men in Local Life and good practices from European Union countries (Ms Jaimie Just, Council of Municipalities and Regions of Europe)
10:00-10:30: Gender budgeting in the Brussels-Capital Region:
– The experience of Schaerbeek (Mrs Suzanne Ryvers, Alderman of Equal Opportunities Schaerbeek)
– The Ixelles experience (to be confirmed)
10:30-10:45: Gender, spatial planning and gender equality policy:
– The Namur experience (Stéphanie Scailquin, Councilor for Equal Opportunities in Namur)
10:45-11:15: Gender and staff policy:
– The Mechelen experience (Ms Mia Spaey, Stad & Sociaal Huis Mechelen)
– The experience of Genk (to be confirmed)
11:15-11:30: Coffee break
11:30-12:30: Q & A and discussion between the speakers and participants
Interpretation in FR/NL only. No EN.
Attention, the number of places is limited ! The event is free but requires registration – please confirm your participation by contacting email@example.com