Conference on Combating Gender Stereotypes in and through Education
The Council of Europe organizes, together with the Ministry of Education and Culture in Finland, a conference on how to combat gender stereotypes in Education. The conference will be held in Helsinki (Finland) on the 9-10th of October 2014.
The conference aims to:
- Raise awareness on the crucial role of education in promoting equality and combatting stereotype and empowering individuals at an early age
- Present the results of the first monitoring report of the Committee of Ministers on recommendations on gender mainstreaming in education
- Exchange good practices and identify ways to implement the recommendations
- Facilitate partnership and network among stakeholders including government officials, school management professionals, teachers, trainers and training institutions, parents, and civil society
- Support member states in implementing existing standards, including the Committee of Ministers’ Recommendation on gender mainstreaming in education.
For further information, please consult the following website of the Council of Europe.