June – November 2021: European Charter for Equality 15th anniversary workshops
Throughout 2021, CEMR will organise a number of events to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the European Charter for Equality of Women and Men in Local Life.
The Charter anniversary activities for 2021 revolve around 4 themes:
- Recognise the achievements and advances in local equality that have been made possible by the European Charter for Equality and its signatories
- Reflect on the Charter as a living document; determine how it can be kept modern and relevant many years into the future; identify methods to better communicate how it works; connect it to broader national and international policy frameworks.
- Celebrate the people and organisations that have made the Charter a reality and a success on the ground
- Update the Charter and its tools (2022-2023)
“Charter15” is a series of 6 reflection and discussion workshops taking place from June – November where participants are invited to collectively reflect on the Charter’s strengths and identify ways in which the tool could be improved.
Each one-hour session will start with a rousing intervention from thinkers and innovators on the discussion topics from various sectors. Participants will break into small discussion groups (possibility for dedicated language groups in EN, ES, FR, IT) for 40 minutes to exchange their experiences (challenges/successes), ideas and recommendations on the Charter as a tool for achieving gender equality at the local level. Sessions conclude with a final 5 minute wrap-up
Who should participate?
• Signatories of the European Charter for Equality
• Local and regional governments implementing (or wishing to implement) gender mainstreaming and gender equality actions in their territory
• National coordinators and experts of the European Charter for Equality
• European civil society organisations
• Grassroots activists
• European policy makers
The registration form for the workshops will be published on 25 May.
Keep informed about all the Charter15 news, workshops and events, by subscribing to the mailing list: https://bit.ly/Charter15mail